SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tips for Living Aboard Catalina 27'
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012

swimnfit is on a distinguished road
Re: Tips for Living Aboard Catalina 27'

I would think that one of the top priorities in moving aboard a C27 would be to maximize the use of the cockpit area for additional living space from below. An awning or full Bimini would do the trick. Living in the Bay area could present a challange to having warm and cozy evenings aboard the boat but it could be done.
A small space heater (emphasis on small) will keep you warm and dry at night when the fog rolls in.
Storage under the V berth is a great place for those items that are a bit larger and don't need to access frequently.
On the C27 I would make use of the Quarterberth as an area to put bins of ready accessable items (like a shoe rack)
The C27 has a nice folding table in the salon to put out of your way while down below.
Make certain you have a good laptop to surf and stream your movies. Personally I would not even consider a TV onboard.
Have fun and let us know how you come out!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“A wet sheet and a flowing sea, / A wind that follows fast / And fills the white and rustling sail / And bends the gallant mast.”
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook