SailNet Community - View Single Post - Alcohol stoves in use?
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012
Senior Slacker

SlowButSteady is on a distinguished road
Re: Alcohol stoves in use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VK540 View Post
Just curious, are there any brand new production boats that use anything else but propane or natural gas? A sign of the times? I was at the Annapolis boat show a couple of years ago but I don't remember if any of the new boats were using anything but propane?
I think at least some J-boats come with Origo stoves as standard equipment. And I've seen them in a number of new trailer-sailor sized boats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VK540 View Post
Edit
My boat presently uses pressure alcohol and I was thinking of converting to propane. It seems that is what is used all the other boats I get to board around here.
Didn't your mama ever ask you about your friends jumping off a cliff?

Seriously, try a non-pressurized alcohol stove. They really are much safer, and cheaper to install over-all (the stove-top is more pricy, but that is ALL you have to buy; no tank(s), no regulator, no hoses/tubing, no sniffer/alarm).
Charlotte Bacon, Daniel Barden, Rachel Davino, Olivia Josephine Gay, Ana M. Marquez-Greene, Dylan Hockley, Dawn Hochsprung, Madeleine F. Hsu, Catherine V. Hubbard, Chase Kowalski, Jesse Lewis, James Mattioli , Grace McDonnell, Anne Marie Murphy, Emilie Parker, Jack Pinto, Noah Pozner, Caroline Previdi, Jessica Rekos, Avielle Richman, Lauren Rousseau, Mary Sherlach, Victoria Soto, Benjamin Wheeler, Allison N. Wyatt
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook