SailNet Community - View Single Post - I'll start here ......
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Re: I'll start here ......

Dave,

Regarding surveys, in the US at least, the buyer pays for the survey. This could be a couple hundred dollars minimum. There is a general reluctance to allow someone else free access to what someone paid quite a bit to get.

The second issue is that you really want as current a survey as possible to reflect the current condition of the boat. Even one year of sailing can cause considerable damage or changes that were not reflected in a previous survey.

Once you've narrowed your choice down to THE boat that you feel that you want, then locate a surveyor and have him or her survey the boat. If you Google "Sailnet surveyor" there are other threads on the survey question.

I don't know if the process for finding a surveyor is different in Canada. One of our northern members can answer, I'm sure.

Best of luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook