SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Revere RescueMax has Major Defect!

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  dreuge 
#1 ·
Hi,

Back in February a friend and I purchased the new Revere RescueMax rescue sling systems. I was initially pleased with the device, but discover a major manufacturing DEFECT. I purchased the RescueMax in February, but did not install it on my stern rail until the end of March. I have discover that after about 4 months of daily sun exposure, the mounting and secure strap webbings are disintegrating to dust.

These disintegrating webbings are how the rescue line is secured to the boat. So when the rescueMax is deployed, the rescue line will stretch out, but once taut, the rescueMax will just detach from the boat!

It is also possible that if the deterioration is left unchecked, the whole rescueMax unit could just detach on its own, falling overboard and not being noticed until one needs it.

This is a potential life threatening DEFECT! If anyone has a RescueMax, check your mounting webbings!!!!

You can check out the youtube video of the problem at

Dreuge & Captsimo

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
SOFT Lifesling case does exactly the same think compleat crap in one season and we take it down every sailing day

The only difference is the heaving line is attached to the boat and the crap case does keep the UV OFF the Lifesling itself

The HD UV case is 165 dollars extra :(

And I also don't leave the jim buoy horseshoe outside because it turns to crap and I can't really even think of any life jackets that leave on deck a full season of sun without getting pretty tired

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.