SailNet Community - View Single Post - Coastal Sailor Wanted
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012

sailbluehorse is on a distinguished road
Re: Coastal Sailor Wanted

Thank you fellow sailors for all the important information and dangers of sailing my newly acquired 1974 34 foot Coronado up the western coast from LA to Portland Oregon, in October. With the advice I received through this forum, I have decided to sail south instead, to find a marina that I could put her on the hard, and do repairs on the blisters below. Other than blisters she is a well maintained boat, with a trustworthy motor. Is there any advise for a destination that is inexpensive south of LA. She currently is in an expensive marina. I am open to any advise as this is a new experience for me and I need help from a senior salty sailor. Until now I have only sailed northern lakes with smaller boats in Minnesota and Lake Superior. I would like to hire an experienced sailor to go with me to share knowledge and wisdom, helping me with this move. I am single handed, healthy, 65 years old, and a willing learner. Appreciation with wage, food, and return fair, will be provided. Sailbluehorse
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook