SailNet Community - View Single Post - The future of the sailing world. Why are there so few young people cruising??
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012

caberg is on a distinguished road
Re: The future of the sailing world. Why are there so few young people cruising??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone Global View Post
We are in our 20's and we are out here doing it! Loving every minute of it and wondering why I didn't leave sooner. Everyone has a different dream in life and this dream isn't a reality for everyone. Young people now a days seem to like things more than adventure or experiences. On top of that college debt was already mentioned. I have a lot of friends that would love to be out here and look back on poor decisions earlier in life. Fancy cars, big houses, college debt, credit cards. The reasons are endless. I personally feel that people bought way more than their means. Young people were capable of getting loans much greater than they could ever afford. To each their own.
Wouldn't it be nice if all a 20-something had to do was forego the fancy car and big house in order to go cruise the world? Nice blog, by the way. Sure looks like you have significant outside financial assistance. A ~$100k boat, a $500+/month "partying" budget. And looks like you haven't really left the eastern coastal waters.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook