View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012
Sailboat Reboot

svzephyr44 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to svzephyr44
Re: Limitation of Liability

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd0n View Post
This is really the best thing to do. The legal advice you get on a forum like this one is worth exactly what you pay for it. NOTHING!
I understand the advice. My situation is complicated by the fact that I travel a lot. In the past two years I have been in France, Canada, the US, Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Bermuda, and Portugal. I doubt that any single document would be legally binding in all of these places. I am on my way back to France and I expect to be in several other (new) countries in the next six months.

Thank you for those who contributed text. I will draft something that helps temporary crew understand the situation as I see it. Just as I am careful to send the "Standing Orders" - the standard operating procedures and responsibilities of the crew - to potential crew before I accept them on board I was looking for a similar document outlining liability. The text contributed has been most helpful.

Again, thanks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ham: W2ZDB Reboot: WDB8435
Web Site:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Blog:
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook