SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hurricane leslie coming north, need I be concerned?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012

Leocat66 is on a distinguished road
Re: Hurricane leslie coming north, need I be concerned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterchech View Post
All is well, the first night we experienced a sudden change in conditions. From 8 knots wind and mirror seas to 20 gusting at least 25 and 4' breaking seas and rain. Happened within literally less than 2 minutes, spilling our late evening snacks all over haha. With the darkness and the crew feeling tired we decided to seek harbor. The next two days we were sailing in small craft advisory conditions in the sound, great fun with the 50% jib up and reefed main doing 7-8 knots in the gusts but only 4 in between, riding the swells. Glad we took the sound since crew fatigue that first night was a factor. Other than that we got to the block, had a great time, got to Newport in time for the boat show, and are heading back this afternoon.

Incidentally I met the designer of the new c&c 33, got a tour of the boat too, super cool.
Thank You PC for posting. Interesting, and we are glad to see you had a safe adventure.