SailNet Community - View Single Post - spare anchor
Thread: spare anchor
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: spare anchor

Greg,

I no way were my comments directed to the effectiveness of your product, nor did I find them offensive in nature of any way. My comments were really to the SailNet moderatorors as to the limits that people be allowed to self promote, or promote products on the site. I have seen censorship of others by the mods when posters were promoting their business and/ or products in the past. I was merely trying to ascertain what the rules are.

Some of My questions really go to them

Are anchor manufacturers allowed to post here and promote their anchors sales etc, or do they have to sponsor SailNet with royalties?

Are book writers allowed to promote their books here?

Can marinas, surveyors, canvas makers, etc allowed to answer posts which have relevance to their niche as long as they note who they really are ? Or is this entitlement only allowed to those on the SailNet vendor list who pay them?

Just asking what the playing field looks like here. Are the posters comments true feelings of sailors who are using these products, or are the comments interspersed with " sales pitches and marketing facts" from representatives of companies trying to make money on us. I have no problem either way, just want to know what are the parameters here. I have seen others censored because they represent special interests, or because they presented views which may have gotten SailNet sued, but then others who are allowed to post their products like they are the average "joe sailor" Out on weekends/ cruising like the rest of us.

Greg, this is not about you or your company, but a larger question

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook