SailNet Community - View Single Post - spare anchor
Thread: spare anchor
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012
Just Thinking About it

RNDROB is on a distinguished road
Re: spare anchor

Without sponsors we wouldn’t have free access to this wealth of information. I for one am thankful that they are willing to pick up the tab and do think that entitles them to a certain amount of direct interaction on the board. Remember that by putting themselves out there they also open themselves up to a lot of scrutiny. If sponsor X doesn’t conduct business in a straightforward and ethical manor or puts out an inferior product or service it won’t’ take long before the rest of us know about it. Some of them even know a thing or two about the types of products they are selling.
No regarding the original posting: I also live in the PNW and while I haven’t done much sailing I have done a reasonable amount of fishing in the rivers and ocean. There are places in the mid-Columbia river which have a rocky bottom. The guys who frequent those areas have lost enough anchors that they developed what I have heard referred to as the Columbia River anchor which is used very extensively by those fishing below Bonneville dam. They are heavier than those mentioned above so may not be applicable but just though I would mention it. I can't attach any links but you could google columbia river anchor system if your so inclined.

BR,

Rob
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook