SailNet Community - View Single Post - spare anchor
Thread: spare anchor
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: spare anchor

Thank you for clarifying. No need to keep repeating to me that Mantus is in fact a PAID contributed to SailNet. That was obvious from my first posting that I knew this. Any comments about Mantus treating the competition fairly is very subjective, and possibly self serving as I doubt any person who is the administration of SailNet will go against one of the corportate sponsors who pays the bills. You guys know where your bread is buttered.

So the rules are that if you contribute financially to SailNet you get a clear advantage in your postings a nd are permitted to advertise within them.

If you are not a financial donor to SailNet, but identify yourself as merchant or have a financial interest In the topic you are speaking on are you still allowed to comment without restrictive censorship?

So who are merchants who contribute to SailNet? For complete transparency is there a directory of contributors a reader can go to find who here actually HAS the competitive advantage and therefore access to readers? As some have stated it isn't always obvious by their names or disclaimers. Lastly and also importantly, how much of our prsonal as well as demograpgic information, demographics etc is shared with these/ which manufacturers.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook