SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mistral 16'
Thread: Mistral 16'
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012

boatshell is on a distinguished road
Re: Mistral 16'

Hi Cheryl and others,

I just joined Sailnet after perusing the site for years. I have a Mistral 16 open cockpit. Right now it's in my IN Box, under a tarp. Like Cheryl, I got mine for around that price and it included the trailer, sails and so on. I bought it because of the double chined hull and the mast looked like it would (pivot) and be somewhat easy to step. One of the main things that's keeping it out of the water (aside from being busy) is that the rivets holding the spreaders to the mast pulled out. I'm going to have to research that "repair" and see if I can fix it myself or pay money I don't have right now to a rigging place.

I have other boats, and one is a CL 14 -- like a smaller CL 16 or Mistral. I love it.
There is a Google Group, "Mistral Sailing" but it is not particularly active. LeRoy is the manager of that forum. There are not too many Mistral 16 s around, but it is a nice solid boat. What RailSailor said about the cockpit floor. Mine has some stress cracks. Bailer in good shape. I got a "deal" on it because it has a wound on the bench seat corner where a branch fell on it. The sellers took it in for barter and never got around to using it.
There is a very short video clip of a Mistral 16 -- two Canadian guys but they are really moving in a stiff breeze and so it's one of my Armchair Sailing Inspiration vids during the winter months.

Oh, btw, I believe that I might have the rigging directions on one of my disks. I _thought_ mine was center sheeted.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook