SailNet Community - View Single Post - Beach Cats in Rehab!
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Beach Cats in Rehab!

Unfortunately - no sailing today. Non-stop rain and zero wind. The GR record will have to wait until next weekend.

cc - the "would you do it again" question is a tough one. On the one hand, I bought a fixer-upper so me and my young boys could have a project together. However, much of the work was a little too technical for their abilities at this point. So that didn't work out as well as I'd hoped.

In all, I'd have to say I wouldn't do it again. I'd find a cat in good shape...ready to sail. If I spent a grand to buy it, I wouldn't be out any money. AND I'd have been sailing for those 100 hours I was working. I'm not a big fan of boat work. I much prefer the sailing.

It's the classic boat trap though. The $200 purchase price is much easier to justify than the $1,000. But either way, you're going to spend it.

All that said, we've got a very cool, very rare catamaran that is truly ours. We can't wait to take her out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook