SailNet Community - View Single Post - Weather radar
Thread: Weather radar
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012

Patient is on a distinguished road
Re: Weather radar

The folks at Stormpulse.com are pretty cool. I kept in touch with them for a bit before they went with the "subscription-based revenue scheme", hoping the entire time my badgering would result in expanding their target market to sailors. The have yet to commit to a marine orientated subscription package, but their interface and data stream is so beyond whats out there, it warrants the pricy annual basic membership anyhow.

Stormpulse really nailed the principle doctrine of presenting dynamic digital media from the get go; Ie. Both Information and navigation of said information should be direct, truthful and effortless. Their interface speaks loudly of that mantra. In fact, on more than one occasion, their Tropical Storm plots have preceded NOAA's in both time and accuracy.

If you do not want to dip into your cruising budget for a Stormpulse membership, spaghettimodels.com has always been my "goto" for current Tropical Storm/Hurricane models. Its basically a collection of every current digital weather map in one page, which when parked on a Mooring with dodgy connectivity has saved the day in terms of effort.

Last edited by Patient; 09-17-2012 at 07:10 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook