SailNet Community - View Single Post - spare anchor
Thread: spare anchor
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: spare anchor

Quote:
Not sure what your burr in the saddle is, but to me, you seem a bit harsh towards Mantus.-NCC320
I have no burr in my saddle about this company, in fact am looking to perhaps purchase it also. If asking legitimate questions makes it seem that I am being harsh, and finding a misrepresentation in their advertising does also, I dont know how to address that other than it is what it is. I have never taken things on face value by themselves and feel my questions are appropriate in light of what they have written and advertised. They wouldnt be the first comapny to seperate people from their money with slick advertising and corpoarate sponsors.

I have 3 anchors, Primary being a NZ ROCNA and we all know how their story played out on here. I dare say it probably started with a few people like me who asked questions concerning their validity and test results. I beleive the same questions should be applied to this company. Dont extrapolate or read into my reasonable questions or requests for information to mean I have any agenda here, because I dont.

I am glad you are satisfied with your service from them SO FAR. Course you havent really used the anchor yet, but you glowing recommendation of them is a positive sign. Usually before I purchase something I check into the Realiabilty and stability of the company ( note my questions about the lack of listing with the BBB, the physical address for the company, and the inability to find them as a US listed corporation anywhere) Like you I dont have extra money to throw away on products or to companies who dont or cant honor warrenties, present inflated marketing claims without substantiation, and havent been tested independently. Having followed Mainsails posts over the years I do trust his judgement on a products, and am following closely his results with this anchor. he did one of the best independent tests on anchors I have ever seen. What intrigues me about this anchor is its ability to be dissassemled. My ROCNA is my primary and I have been estatic about its overall results since I purchased it (I would feel the same about a Manson, but the ROCNA from NZ I bought was on the market before they were). The shape and design of the new generation anchors I beleive is what makes them such an overall good anchor (bottom conditions do differ obn whats best specifcally of course) i. To be able to carry one dissassemled as a spare would give me extra piece of mind. Their ability to reset quickly I have seen demonstrated personally with mine.

It is obvious that your threshold for checking into a company isnt the same as mine, so please bear with me as I try and get my realistic questions arising from Mantus's own self serving postings by paid company members and encouraged subscribers answered.

There have been a few questions that I have and I hope that Mantus answers them as quickly as they respond to other posts so that I may move forward and purchase this anchor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook