SailNet Community - View Single Post - spare anchor
Thread: spare anchor
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012

NCC320 is on a distinguished road
Re: spare anchor

Usually before I purchase something I check into the Realiabilty and stability of the company ( note my questions about the lack of listing with the BBB, the physical address for the company, and the inability to find them as a US listed corporation anywhere) [/QUOTE] --Chef2Sail

New innovations and products often are by the new guy on the block...the small one who has limited resources (after all, it's a business and initially costs are high and sales revenue is limited at the start). And it takes time to build a successful reputation.

If one buys only from reliable/stable companies (which to me, implies a company that has been around for a long time), you tend to get warmed over product designs and preclude lots of innovative products. And reliability and stability of a company is often just an illusion anyway. Companies go under everyday, are bought and sold to new owners who may or may not honor warranties, and companies may drop product lines or product support on specific items at anytime. They also change manufacturing techniques and design.....smaill illustration: I recently bought an expandable boat hook. I had several from a well known supplier of these items and went out of my way to try to get the same boat hook that I had previously. Paid extra to get it. Description and pictures were same as the earlier model, which was very reliable and good. What I got for all my trouble was a piece of junk....not at all similar to the earlier models.

Like you, I try to buy products that are good and last, but there is always a risk regardless of who you buy from.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook