SailNet Community - View Single Post - spare anchor
Thread: spare anchor
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: spare anchor

Brian,

Thank you for answering my question concerning our information and if it is shared with manufacturers or other entities.

Quote:
First, regarding Mantus: Thank you. Thank you for coming to our site and actually supporting it financially. In addition, thank you for taking the time to post in threads to help others out. I welcome your participation here. Crusingdad
I agree with this and would add, Thank you for helping yourself out financially (After all this is not charity work you are doing for us sailors)

Comparing this to Bob Perry posts where there is no financial sponsorship or gain is a joke. I also dont ever remember finding or anyone finding inconsistancies in Bob Perrys posts.

Quote:
Regarding others coming on here to criticize a company or their product, well, that is a difficult one. We try to be fair about it. If you are simply laying out the events that happened and it is reasonable, we often let it run. If it is a, "Raymarine Sucks" kind of thread, well, we'll probably just pull it-Crusingdad
If this is refering to my questions, I am asking simple questions about this company not criticising it. I would hope that normal questions which can be found in many threads similar to this does not evoke censorship because it is one of the vendors who contribute financially to Sailnet.

Here are my questions again. These are simple questions, easily answered. I will try to explain my reasoning fore asking them as it appears not to be obvious to some replying to this

Where are the anchors made?
- Their was great criticism of one of the new generation anchors when they moved their production to China and changed the metal content. There was no censorship associated with that previous thread

Why is the address a PO Box as opposed to where the anchors are made?-If there was a potential refund requested or problem all we have is a phone number and a PO address. We all know about boilerplate operations which work with offices in suites with phones who disappear in the middle of the night leaving people holding the bag. Just recently we had this suituation with a sail making company in which an large thread was generated without censorhip on here

What corporate name is your business registered under? Are you listed by the Better Business Bureau? I can find no mention of you.
- Both of these questions relate to the legitamcy of the company and again protection for the potential consumer in purchasing. These are not out of line extrodianary questions, nor are they critical of the company

-What grade of steel do you use? Obvious question to compare with other new generation anchors ROCNA and Manson Supreme. I cant find these specs in the literature.

Lastly,
There have been inconsistancies in what Mantus posted and who is employed by them. It is their own posts which has caused some to question the companys statements. They said they were only giving a 25% discount to Sailnet members. This was not true whether intentional or not.
Quote:
From this forum: “We are going to offer a new promotion 25% off any anchor you buy for the next month only for SAILNET members.”-Mantus
Quote:
The first Deal we posted was "get the next size up for the price of this one"After it expired we offered 25% off for one month only. We gave this offer to the Cruisers Forum as well-Mantus

Not all of their posters have identified their contacts or position with the company which was pointed out by someone replying to this thread. This violates Sailnet policies whether intentional or not

I would like to purchase this anchor and am asking the questions. These questions may be what others may already ask or want to know also. I did not expect this thread to generate so much negativeity.

Mantus, can you answer my four simple questions ( so we can move on from this) and I can feel confident in purchasing your anchor!!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

Last edited by chef2sail; 09-17-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook