Join Date: Oct 2007
Thanked 76 Times in 67 Posts
Rep Power: 10
Sailing into the slip
I've sailed in and out of the Branford harbor many times but tonight was the first time I sailed all the way back right to the dock without turning on the motor.
We motored out to the just past the harbor entrance, just before lovers island, but from there on it was sailing all the way out and back.
First time everything worked out perfectly.
- Just enough wind but not too much.
- Right direction.
- Had reason to expect the motor might start if we needed it.
- Current was slack and starting to flood with us but not too much.
- Had time
- Lights worked good enough
- Boat owner was up for it.
Doesn't get better than that.
PS the dock is at the blue arrow at the top of the picture. The straight blue line to the right of the arrow is a gps artifact and not part of the track.
Last edited by davidpm; 09-17-2012 at 10:10 PM.