SailNet Community - View Single Post - spare anchor
Thread: spare anchor
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: spare anchor

Quote:
Jesus, Dave! I feel like me and the other mods and Sailnet and Mantus all came under both barrells from you. I realize you cannot inflect tone in a thread, but Jesus!!-Cruisingdad
Aw common Brian, let me remind you the advice you gave me once...its only the internet''
Dont get so worked up and take your lords name in vain, its not worth that. After all its only he internet. We all know this isnt real world. I an suprised to see you go after me in a public thread, but I guess you are angry that you may have spoken in haste about Redsky and having it pointed out

In your anger you must have read what I said wrong...I wasnt at all criticising Bob Perry, who I have tremendous respect for and owned one of his designed boats and Islander 28 for years. I have heard him speak many times at seminars. One of the true gentlemen of sailing who can combine knowledge. experience and humor. You after all brought his name into it and I said there was no comparison to an honest man ( who doesnt try and sell anything in his posts) and the inconsistancies in the Mantus posts.

I am not attacking any moderators on here with both barrels, so dont bring all your friends into this. I have huge respect for all of them as well as you. We may not always agree, but dont make it personal. No need to assemble your forces here. I look to you guys to make sure that ALL people follow the rules of posting on here whether they are paying for ads or not. Its up to us to point out sometimes when we think there is a problem and for you and the other moderators to look into to it vs going into the defensive mode and ascribing intentions to people.

Brian, it was you who put yourself in the position of defending that the post by Redsky
Quote:
Regarding the poster who did not put her affiliation in her signature, I will see what I can do about that. That has to be done. I suspect that is an oversight on her part. Crusingdad
- It was no oversight.

I am questioning Mantus as people have questioned other vendors such as Rocna, Tartan etc. I have no agenda other that I want to maybe buy there anchor as I have said over and over again or doesnt that count.

I suggest you let this go as it serves no purpose or benefit for the site to make it personal. Feel free to call me if you feel the need to discuss further. You have my phone number. I dont want this to ruin our friendship.

Now pleaase, back to the topic of the thread. Would Mantus please come back and answer my realistic questions. Thats been my intention....to get information on this anchor and the company.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

Last edited by chef2sail; 09-17-2012 at 11:46 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook