SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ready to be schooled!!
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012
Baja sail project

k2knudson is on a distinguished road
Ready to be schooled!!

My Name is Kyle and I am looking to purchase my Second boat, first was a 22 buccaneer that sailed in the puget sound many years ago, I did a lot of improvements to this boat: 25 gal stainless gas tank mounted and vented, propane radiant heater, slim line, wish they still made them.. AGM group (big) battery up front under v berth, various outboard mods etc...

I loved the boat but it was to small for a 6'0 guy and my girl..although it was in i guess what you would call Bristol or Mint condition according to my language.

Looking in Sandiego now since i live in AZ, seen a few boats out here at lake pleasant..one was a laguna 26 and a oday 26. Then I went down to sandiego and looked at a ericson 29 which i love, but what do i know..really clean...didnt smell musty, everything was dry, nice kept boat considering some of the other garbage that I saw.

Looking to stay in the 8-10k range and think that i could find a decent boat that i could upgrade easily and make it a cruiser if i wanted to..

Does anyone have some good advice for me? This is my first post EVER on a forum and am interested in what i get back.

Knot a Klew.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook