SailNet Community - View Single Post - Favorite Cocktail
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road
Re: Favorite Cocktail

Another good one, that is popular in Germany in the winter time, is a cup of black English tea (with or without sugar but no milk) and a shot of rum added to the tea.

Very nice indeed!

BEGIN RANT:
For you yankee colonists that have no idea how to brew a propper cuppa' here is a primer:

1:Boil water and do NOT turn off the heat. Keep it boiling

2:Add boiling water to a tea pot and slosh it around for 30-60 seconds (this is THE crucial step that most people skip) pour out this water. It was used to heat the teapot so that the water you add next remains as close to boiling temp as possible.

3:Add teabag of a good British brand such as Teatleys, PG Tips etc. Lipton is NOT tea. Glengettie is the best brand in the world. Why? Because it's Welsh! (which means it comes from the Welsh part of India I guess.... )

4: Make sure the kettle is still boiling. Add boiling water to your now warmed teapot with teabag in it. Stir once.

5: Steep for 6 minutes.

6: Add desired amount of sugar and milk to the cup before the tea.

7: Add tea to the cup and stir. Drink immediately.

Most Britans won't order a cup of tea in the USA because it's usually made with Lipton bags and nobody pre-warms the pot so it is steeped at a lower temperature and ends up grey in color (once milk is added) and tasting like crap. I once had a girlfriend make me a cup and ask how it was. I thanked her for trying but told her to warm the pot next time. She was floored as she had intentionally left out that step and assumed that I couldn't taste the difference.

END OF RANT

MedSailor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook