SailNet Community - View Single Post - New Boat Search Begins
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
New Boat Search Begins

I sold my Columbia 43 on Saturday - easiest sale of anything I ever experienced. I got a call from a guy asking if he could meet me at the boat last Saturday. When he showed up, he introduced himself and handed me a cashiers cheque for the full asking price.

Apparently the 43 has been his dream boat since they were new and he had been watching the ad since I posted it, hoping it wouldn't sell before he got the money together. He once worked for Whitby Boat Works and his job was rolling on gelcoat non-skid - exactly what my boat needs after the deck core repairs - good Karma or what?

Anyhoo, that is by way of lead in to the fact that I am currently boatless with a pocketful of cash and looking seriously for my next boat. I'll be checking out a Jeanneau Attalia at Sewells tonight - it's a bit on the small side but it's just around the corner from my home.

So - anybody on SN in the Vancouver area with a boat in the vicinity of 32' - 10K Lbs WITH MOORAGE that is interested in selling?

Other than that basic size vicinity, I have no idea what I want - I like most of them out there so it will simply be a case of falling in love. The only non-negotiables are; glass or composite, an inboard, shaft drive and stand up headroom in the head (I'm over 6'). Scruffy is O/K, even desirable if it's priced accordingly but no project boats - I'm too old to do any more bulkhead replacements, re-core jobs, engine swaps, keel mountings and so forth. From now on maintenance and customizing a sound boat will satisfy my creative urges.

If anybody local thinks they have something that might fit, please P.M. me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook