SailNet Community - View Single Post - Is sleeping OK?
Thread: Is sleeping OK?
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Re: Is sleeping OK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonV View Post
Hi A&W Yes I have AIS but this is on the chartplotter wich has a silly beep beep warning, On my Radar which is also my old back up chartplotter that is pre AIS I have a 110 db Pisso alarm (think smoke detector alarm). I do not sleep when in the traffic lanes. I must say now Julie is with me I tend to sleep deeper but still wake every hour, even at anchor.

With the Wombet in the cockpit I sleep like a log. Now while I don't wake every hour I'm still having a look around every two and like you even when at anchor, indeed even on dry land I find myself up and about every couple of hours .... and that's not only due to a 60 year old bladder ...

AIS alarm is pretty pissweak. Barely capable of waking me when at anchor let alone when at sea.

I must say that unless the Wombet wakes up to herself and shows me the door my single handing days are over. Minor regret there but the old chatterbox makes up for that in many other ways and she loves sitting out on deck starring at the stars moon and dolphins as much as I.

btw .... for the fifteen minute nap an egg timer is the go, preferably one that has an auto reset.

A

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook