SailNet Community - View Single Post - Shipping by Container
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006

Zanshin is on a distinguished road
I don't know what your mast height is, but containers are standardized and I'm not sure that the sailboat would fit. Internal dimensions for the 30 and 40 feet ones are:

L29 4/12 x W7 7/12 x H7 9/12
L39 4/12 x W7 7/12 x H7 9/12

There are high containers with one more foot of height available on some ships. If the Mac fits in one you might use some brokers to fill out the rest of the container, otherwise it will be all "yours" and can get quite pricey. I've used containers and RoRo for the European/US/Japanese routes but am not sure if Guam is served by normal shipping.

Much depends upon your current location. I had a case where it cost more to ship a partial container from Phoenix to Los Angelese via truck than the shipping from LA to Germany did! Where in the US is the Mac 26 going to be shipped from?

If you are associated with or have friend in any branch of the U.S. military there might be cheaper and faster ways of getting to Guam than using a commercial forwarder.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook