SailNet Community - View Single Post - Irwin 38 CC Battery and Charge rebuild
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012

TimM is on a distinguished road
Re: Irwin 38 CC Battery and Charge rebuild

Chuckles,
What about the auto pilot, radar, lectrasan, water maker,late night 007 DVD, sailnet addiction and power needs of the Admiral? I am in the process of designing my tower but it all has to look good under the panels so in this case size matters. Maybe Bimini array separate from tower array don't know I'm a QE not a EE.

Also where do you think the best place for the radar is? GPS antenna ?

I have a rectangular teak platform I salvaged off an old stink pot. The stern reverse angle will make the usable space of the platform narrower. Think about Bimini tubing/ hardware surrounding the platform for a grab rail and a bow to match the stern radius this should add 5 or 6 inches to the width and give it a custom look. But don't forget the swim latter in the design. Form, fit, and function. Mount some lesser expensive underwater LED's for extended cocktail hour entertainment. I can't wait!

Now that I call elegant engineering! Well said Hellosailor.

I have some really real cool ideas ( not found on the net) for the arch which I am planning to build this fall and would be happy to share my plans and or pictures when complete.
There was a Morgan site that had step by step plans of custom creation but it has disappeared.
Or tower in a box 1500 bucks.
Or you can pay big bucks for a fabricator. I have not seen and any Irwin 38's with custom towers on the net to copy.

Brian, 14x14x11 under 200 bucks in a Irwin condo I call that Ice entertainment.
Looking forward to further collaboration.
Tim
With the right tools and the right friends anything is possible.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook