SailNet Community - View Single Post - Frameless steel construction
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012
KNOT KNOWN

Capt.aaron is on a distinguished road
Re: Frameless steel construction

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopJonB View Post
Most sailors have done that - it sort of comes with the territory BUT, leaving a string of crying girls and 9 months later, crying babies behind is quite a different thing.

It's called irresponsibility and it's supposed to be outgrown at a fairly early point in ones life.

There are oodles of great sailors out there who are also MEN who live up to their responsibilities, not overgrown boys passing themselves off as quasi-mystics.
TRUE..no respect for dead beat absenty dad's. I've only ever focussed on his sailing... he did run his girl home non stop from Tahiit to france because she missed the kids. I don't know if he supported them financially, I alway's assumed he did at least that...As for the self proclaimed mystic..I don't know, I read that vagabond book...what ever, the dude knew the sea..and I've alway's been a fan of Joshua's construction, the barrel hoop frame style and spinning the hull in boiler craddles as to never weld upside down. My wife and I both like his famous decsision to keep on going in the mad men race etc.

Last edited by Capt.aaron; 09-23-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook