SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Blenders

3K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  bvander66 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello-

I have a Bene 403 chartered for this coming April (2013) in the BVI. We want to make margaritas on board and need a blender that can turn ice into a fine slush, as your home A/C blender. Don't want chunky ice but fine like slurpies/slush drinks.

I don't see anything available from the charter companies. Is there something I could buy & bring with me that is DC powered. We won't have access to AC, but need good power to blend the drinks. HELP.....:confused:

P.S. The boat lists an inverter on its equipment list. not familiar with inverters on boats, would this work for standard A/C blender as an Osterizer? Yet, I'd hate to lug one of those along..

Thanks,
Robes

#5 ·
12v appliances are generally disappointing in actual use...

If there's an inverter aboard, then you're much better off bringing a 110v that you know will do the job.

That said, I'm in full agreement with those above who recommend having a drink as opposed to having an adult slurpee ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.