SailNet Community - View Single Post - need good marina's names in Florida
View Single Post
post #3 of Old 11-24-2006
goodnes -- all i can say is good luck -- i live in miami and it is getting tough to find a place - in miami itself there are only a couple of liveaboards - rickenbacker and dinner key - dinner key is city owned and you need a miami address to really get in so set up a po box and try - there is a problem in that it is wide open to see and ne winds when the hurricanes come and some what open to the s and n - but there are a number of people living there and doing ok, even last year - rickenbacker is more expensive and seem to be trying to kick all the liveaboards out but it has excellent hurricane protection -
not sure what is in ft lauderdale but as i understand it there are a few but need again to get on a waiting list, or by the way if a slip becomes available before you are ready TAKE IT as that may be all you get a shot at -- further north there are some slips at titisville --
on the west coast i can not help but from my reading it is getting hard to find -
by the way in south fla for a 40 better be prepared to spend in the neighbor of 750 or more -
then as sailingdog said -- insurance is another problem as many will simply not insure you during name wind season - or it gets very expensive -- i have a 2001 boat that the bank really owns (so i have to carry full insurance) and got insurance via a lloyds subsidary --
need more send me a private email with your email address and i will help you as much as possible but it will not be easy
chuck and soulmates
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome