SailNet Community - View Single Post - need good marina's names in Florida
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006

chuck5499 is on a distinguished road
goodnes -- all i can say is good luck -- i live in miami and it is getting tough to find a place - in miami itself there are only a couple of liveaboards - rickenbacker and dinner key - dinner key is city owned and you need a miami address to really get in so set up a po box and try - there is a problem in that it is wide open to see and ne winds when the hurricanes come and some what open to the s and n - but there are a number of people living there and doing ok, even last year - rickenbacker is more expensive and seem to be trying to kick all the liveaboards out but it has excellent hurricane protection -
not sure what is in ft lauderdale but as i understand it there are a few but need again to get on a waiting list, or by the way if a slip becomes available before you are ready TAKE IT as that may be all you get a shot at -- further north there are some slips at titisville --
on the west coast i can not help but from my reading it is getting hard to find -
by the way in south fla for a 40 better be prepared to spend in the neighbor of 750 or more -
then as sailingdog said -- insurance is another problem as many will simply not insure you during name wind season - or it gets very expensive -- i have a 2001 boat that the bank really owns (so i have to carry full insurance) and got insurance via a lloyds subsidary --
need more send me a private email with your email address and i will help you as much as possible but it will not be easy
chuck and soulmates
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook