SailNet Community - View Single Post - ICW Cape May
Thread: ICW Cape May
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: ICW Cape May

ICW South Jersey

No way you will be able to take a 37 Hunter anywhere up the southern NJ ICW no matter what the charts say. I .ive in ocean city NJState for almost 20 years and can tell you it is not sailboat travel able. Many uncharted shoals. Shifting sands and muck, and channels 10 ft wide in spots plus low fixed bridges.

You could star at Atlantic City , but evn that stretch to Barnegat Bay will be hard for a boat your size. From Barnegt you can get to Maneesquan but there are 7 bascule bridges and a swift 4 knot current in the PT Pleasent Canal. No ICW north of Manesquan for a sailboat ear.

We travel his stretch a lot. The ocean is the only way to go. Only a few good inlets also. Cape May, AtlanticCity, Manesquan, and Barnegat ( trecherous) . All the others are extremely dangerous wit bout really local knowledge as he bouts can be moved daily.

What kind of trip re you panning. Feel free to PM me.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook