SailNet Community - View Single Post - The iPad thread! who uses an iPad for sailing?
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: The iPad thread! who uses an iPad for sailing?

I'm not sure I would promote the Ipad as a primary navigation tool, but I wouldn't be without it any longer. We've had it for two seasons and it is the most used versatile device on the boat. We look up marina info, weather, radar, email and last night downloaded and watched a movie that we piped directly into the TV.

Glare is an issue, but I just made a discovery this weekend, while reading email in the cockpit. I'm accustom to having to remove polarized sunglasses to read the Raymarine chartplotter. Particularly from starboard. Bizzare. I decided to put them on as I was sitting and reading and suddenly could read the Ipad screen substantially better. I can't say if was some bio-rhythmic, stars aligned, lottery win, or if this really helps. I will test further.

As far as upgrading to new operating system version, I jumped to v5 last year and lost data. I am going to be very very very reluctant to go to v6.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook