SailNet Community - View Single Post - Is sleeping OK?
Thread: Is sleeping OK?
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012
KNOT KNOWN

Capt.aaron is on a distinguished road
Re: Is sleeping OK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdale View Post
Aaron - I think you know this; but I have about 10,000 miles of blue water experience (3 times Hawaii to PNW and once Newport, RI to St. Barths via Bermuda).

This summer was the only time I had to get outside help; I am eternily grateful to AMVER, CG Honolulu and the Navarino for the medical evacuation from Turicum.

My balls are not in the rigging, they are firmly attached to me. Pulling along side an 1100 foot container ship mid ocean takes some cojones.
ok ok , I get it, I had 26,000 blue water miles by the Time I was 19 and stopped counting 20 years ago. I know you are a world class sailor, but us solo guy's need to defend our right to do it regardless of that blasted colregs book for not giving us an option to sleep. All we need is a pargraph, saying hove to in certain situation we can rest. underway but not making way with a strobe or something, what ever. ccriders idea is good. It's kind of lying about your staus, but I only lie about really important stuff, and staying alive is in that catagory.