SailNet Community - View Single Post - Is sleeping OK?
Thread: Is sleeping OK?
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012

JonEisberg will become famous soon enough
Re: Is sleeping OK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.aaron View Post
ok ok , I get it, I had 26,000 blue water miles by the Time I was 19 and stopped counting 20 years ago. I know you are a world class sailor, but us solo guy's need to defend our right to do it regardless of that blasted colregs book for not giving us an option to sleep. All we need is a pargraph, saying hove to in certain situation we can rest. underway but not making way with a strobe or something, what ever. ccriders idea is good. It's kind of lying about your staus, but I only lie about really important stuff, and staying alive is in that catagory.
Sorry, but I think the use of a strobe for anything less than an emergency/distress situation is a very poor practice, and if memory serves, is expressly prohibited by Colregs for anything less... What would your reaction be to seeing a strobe from the wheelhouse of your tug? Your first thought would be a distress situation, no?

If you're hove-to and simply want to make yourself as visible as possible, spreader lights are the best supplement to your nav lights, IMHO...

Last edited by JonEisberg; 09-24-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook