SailNet Community - View Single Post - The iPad thread! who uses an iPad for sailing?
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: The iPad thread! who uses an iPad for sailing?

The data I lost when going to v5 were my Notes. I searched online and learned that wasn't uncommon and the backup logic was flawed. Once it determined that you had successfully finished the upgrade, it would backup the device again and write over the old backup of that file.

It wasn't life threatening. But, for example, I had a standard note for new boat guests in there that had addresses, phone numbers, what to bring, etc, that I would cut and paste into an email. It also had a daily journal of our cruise to Maine last year.

I will probably just print these out next time. Interestingly, I haven't even been prompted for the version upgrade yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook