SailNet Community - View Single Post - Air filtation
Thread: Air filtation
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
here is something that is going to make you smile, but give it a try, and find out. You will not loose a thing.

I learned this from the guy that built my boat. check this out, as it worked for us.

He allways had the problem of glass fiber smell in his house and peculiar boat smells when he has to work on boats that require maintenace.

As soon as our boat was made, we started sailing it. My wife has all kinds of sinus problems and does not tolerate strong smells such as glass fiber and gas/diesel fumes. So I called the builder and asked him what we could do te reduce the smells inside the boat.

He recommended that we half filled a bucket with water and just drop half onion in the water. Close the doors and let it there for a day or so.

We did. We left 2 buckets with the onions and the smells went!! I have no idea why, but now, every time we have weird smells, here comes the onion!!.

And no, the room will not smell of onions after!! LOL

It will not get rid of mildew, but helps with the smells.

Try it. you wioll be amazed
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook