SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anyone have their davits set up for one person to use?
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road
Anyone have their davits set up for one person to use?

My current davit setup is "temporary" to say the least. I would post a photo but then I would loose what shreds of brackish credibility I may have here. My problem with half-measure temporary fixes is that sometimes they work and when they do, I'd rather go sailing than spend the day fixing them... My sailing season has likely come to an end this year so I can now focus on projects.

My current davit setup, and planned future upgrades, are pretty standard. Two stainless arms, some pulleys on each, and TWO ropes to lower the tender. Problem is that it takes two to lower or raise. I "could" raise or lower the tender by doing it 3 feet at a time on each side and cleating off each side, but that's not quick nor easy.

Anyone have suggestions for making the davits solo-friendly?

MedSailor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook