SailNet Community - View Single Post - Electrical propane shut off valve
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: Electrical propane shut off valve

Quote:
Originally Posted by marioro12 View Post
I have one propane locker with 2 tanks but I was told I need 2 seperate low pressire regulators. That's why im asking!! Im pretty sure it would work with one only but I dont want to find out later that it doesnt and have to do the changes over again!!
One regulator is fine but two electric solenoids would be preferred as when you are running the heater the stove would be seeing propane pressure. If the stove had a leak then you could have issues. Both lines need to terminate inside the propane locker. No tees in the boat. I find with manual vlaves people just don't use them. A galley mounted 12V switch or breaker, with a bright RED indicator light, is tough for folks to forget or miss.

I personally prefer solenoids in the high pressure side, right after the tank, so in that case you would need two regulators too. Having seen low pressure regulators leak is why I prefer my solenoid on the high pressure or tank side of regulator..

My favorite solenoids are made by AFC and I install a lot of the model 151. Not a big fan of the low pressure solenoids as I don't find them nearly as reliable over the long haul. The AFC 151 can be found for pretty short money too. This is the SAME valve Fireboy-Xintex relabels and sells for more money.... Never had or seen an AFC 151 fail. everything can but in relation to the "low pressure" solenoids I find the AFC valves to be far more reliable....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Last edited by Maine Sail; 09-26-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook