SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing alone??
Thread: Sailing alone??
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012

gnusailor is on a distinguished road
Re: Sailing alone??

WOW!!! So i gather all i need is 12-40'r with a fixed swinging keel that weighs between 250 and 5000 lbs !
Actually all this has been a great help. I can see the main problem I will have to overcome is that I can't park my future boat at a marina and sail it frequently. . For the time being, I will be toting my boat back and forth between home and water (40+ miles) so trailering is a must. In fact that is where I am struggling. I am going to look at a mutineer tomorrow which is very transportable and I should learn alot sailing her. I passed by a 23' MacGregor the other day because I was convinced (she convinced me) that it would be too much for me to single-handedly set up, launch, sail and take it back home. Any opinions? I am now in my 60s but in reasonably good shape.

I saw a Cortez 16' and would like to look at it but it'll have to wait since it is 275miles from here. I also have found an '83 Renken 18'. Anyone know anything about them.

As it sits right now, I would love for a 19' catalina to fall from the sky (not literally of course) and land in my yard, but I dont think that is going to happen anytime soon.

... anyway, I am getting really anxious to get my hands on a sailboat and start logging some hours
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook