SailNet Community - View Single Post - Seller agreed to offer, but set a clause,"no discounts after survey"
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Seller agreed to offer, but set a clause,"no discounts after survey"

As stated, that clause does not technically change anything. No contract ever says "post survey adjustments are welcome"

What they're telling you is they are going to be hard arses. To be fair, there are many buyers that use the survey to chew down a reasonable price, despite it only identifying the obvious. I sympathize with sellers that have to deal with that. I've seen it proposed by some on this board. It isn't honest.

However, I would have a conversation with the seller about latent undisclosed defects they may be unaware of, if any. If zero change is zero change, despite potentially finding a fatal flaw, you have your risk well identified. They may admit they just won't accept nickle and dime stuff that you should have noticed yourself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook