Re: Seller agreed to offer, but set a clause,"no discounts after survey"
Originally Posted by sailingfool
I agree the clause is of no particular effect, I'd proceed. Any post-survey reduction in price is always subject to negotiation, clause or not, and the buyer has an absolute power to say NO. to a reduction.
Even with the clause, you want a reduction for cause, the seller has to make the same decision they would, without the clause. I'd call it just a little gamesmanship, ignore it.
I fully agree with this assesment.
When you've come to the point of surveying a boat, you're at the point of "hold your nose and jump in". If the survey turns up unexpected warts you can still make a lower offer or walk, knowing the survery cost was really a savings.
s/v Palmetto Moon
1991 Catalina 36