SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anchor light
Thread: Anchor light
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: Anchor light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdale View Post
Gary - up here in the PNW, anchor floats / trip lines are frowned upon as they restrict the amount of space in anchorage. They actually will cause grief.

Bingo.. Just like the guy in a Sea Ray who four weeks ago motored into a very small anchorage, as the last boat in, and decided to bow and stern anchor.

My wife an I watched no less than FIVE boaters, both power and sail, go over and asked him politely to remove his stern anchor, he still refused stating his "buddy", clearly the local Sea Ray dock expert, told him that "When at Jewell Island you MUST use a stern anchor."..

The guy in a large sailboat slowly let our more and more scope until he was almost on top of the Sea Ray, it was a classic and rather stealthy move, and the guy FINALLY left. All he needed to do was lose the stern anchor, so he would swing with EVERYONE else, 15-18 other boats bow anchored, and who were already there well before him.

Local anchoring etiquette always rules the day. In Maine that usually does not include bow/stern anchoring (with but a couple of exceptions), trip line balls or GENERATORS. But I digress....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook