SailNet Community - View Single Post - how long does it take you leave?
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012

CapnRon47 is on a distinguished road
Re: how long does it take you leave?

I am with CCriders in that I take my time setting out and check all systems. My roller furling has a bolt to lock it in place to keep it from unfurling. Remove the main sailcover, the topping lift is the main halyard, so it has to be moved, remove the sail ties. Check all lines that they are free, remove multiple dock lines, unplug the charger and stow the power cord. Check oil, turn on blower, open seacock and start engine and let it run for a few minutes. Check water flow, check autopilot and tiller sensor, find gloves and cushions. Go back to the house and pick up the stuff I forgot; extra water, handheld radio, extra hat, sunglasses and eyeglass straps.

Fortunately I save some time because the dock is 100' from the house.

So there is not much travel involved. I figure this all takes me about 30 minutes and I usually solo daysail for 2-4 hours.

Coming back in the time depends on what we did. If it was just me daysailing then there is not much clean up and just a matter of putting everything on I took off. But if we had company and rafted with others or whatever, then there is more cleaning up to do. This is my time to enjoy a beer and put everything in its right place and tidy the boat up. So it if takes 30 mintues or an hour it is no big deal.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook