SailNet Community - View Single Post - Moment curves
Thread: Moment curves
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough
Re: Moment curves

Hart:
Nice looking hull and not what I expected and given the lack of overhang aft I can see why the designer may have plotted those curves. Not sure what he did with the information though. It looks a lot like an H-28 hull to my eye. While you are hauled out could you please give the boat a bootstripe. It will make the boat happy.

But in terms of "loading up" the bow I don't think that should be a concern.
You do not have any aft overhang to add bouyancy aft as you heel. And look at how much deadrise you have at the transom. You have a lot. Now imagine heeling the boat over. How far would you have to heel before you started immersing signifigant volume aft. A lot. I'd say up to 25 maybe 30 degrees you are not going to immerse enough volume aft to seriously disturb the trim of the boat.

Dacap:
My son Max works for Lockheed-Martin in the Flight Sim group. He loves his work. He likes it when he gets to interact with the real pilots and demonstrates the simulator.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bobperry; 09-27-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook