SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bringing our new to us to Pasadena!
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012

swampcreek is on a distinguished road
Re: Bringing our new to us to Pasadena!

Sorry Ive been pretty absent. We've been on the boat...A LOT! It's GREAT! It sails SO FAST! We brought it up a few Saturdays ago in heading dead into 24-28 knt winds, motored it home to Pasadena. We've been sailing it and it really is a pleasure to sail. I've been fixing things on it that I guess are just the usual gremlins that board a boat when it's left unused. I replaced a bad oil pressure sending unit, reconnected a "Whale" fitting on the fresh water pump that wasn't fully driven home, corrected some electrical things that the installer had incorrect, and replaced the 4D house battery. Interestingly enough the 4D wet cell battery that WM wants around $370 is the EXACT SAME battery as the Deka Commercial 90 4D that I got from East Penn in Rosedale for $205. when it comes time to replace the Starting battery which is also a 4D I'm going to move the Deka to it's place and go with Golfcart batteries for the house, I would have went with the golfcart batteries this time but I want to sail as much as possible before we pull her in November.
1981 Hobie H16
19?? Sol Cat
19?? Penquin
Many, many power boats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Life should be an adventure, not a guided tour!
Not all of us in the herd are sheep.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook