SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ventura West Marina (Ventura, CA)
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012

Brewgyver is on a distinguished road
Re: Ventura West Marina (Ventura, CA)

I've been there since May, and I'm very happy with the marina. When I bought my boat, it was in Phase II, on E dock, but the marina said there was a wait list to get into Phase II, and I had to move it to Phase I. Have you been on a wait list?

Anyway, Phase II is on the West side of the harbor, with just a strand about a quarter mile wide between it and the Ocean, and Phase I is on the East side. But Ventura Harbor is relatively small, and Phase I is only a couple of minutes further from the entrance channel. Frankly, I like Phase I better - the (floating) docks are concrete topped, the Rest Room/Showers have been recently renovated, all new fixtures, floor, wall tile, etc. They look great, and are kept very clean by the staff. The management office is located at Phase I, so if I need to see them it's a two minute walk from the boat. In the four months I've been there, the management has been commendable. One day I inadvertently hit the flasher button in my truck, and didn't notice. One of the marina workers noticed, and the management called me to let me know.

There are several really good restaurants around the harbor, a boat yard with a great rep, several diving services, etc. Also several well maintained self-serve pump out staions, very handy.

I know several of my dockmates (live aboards) have been there for many years, and if they were'nt happy, they'd move.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook