SailNet Community - View Single Post - Catalina 320 vs Hunter 336
View Single Post
post #8 of Old 09-28-2012
Send a message via Skype™ to dsullyec1
Re: Catalina 320 vs Hunter 336

Originally Posted by PalmettoSailor View Post
I'm with Faster and Christyleigh in prefering the C320 over any Hunter, but especially one with the B&R rig. The Hunter Legend would be a much better choice that a B&R rigged boat IMHO.

I also agree with the storage comments. The interior storage of the 320 is minimal, but the outside storage is pretty impressive for a 32'er.

If you don't often take guests a 320 might be a great boat choice, but you might also consider an older C34 or even C36 which you might be able to find for a similar price.

I know there are active Catalina owners groups for all three boats, and Hunter may well have similar support groups. That said, I bet you can't call Hunter and talk to the guy that designed your boat like a Catalina owner can. Their support, even for orphaned designs, is outstanding.

Good Luck finding the prefect boat for your needs and wants.
Why don't you like the B&R rig? I'm interested to know the downfalls of it. Watching the Hunter Video which explains how much more stable the boat is with the B&R is pretty believable...but the proof is in the sailing, right? What is your experience with this?
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome