SailNet Community - View Single Post - I want to crew on an offshore cruising boat
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012

dd3 is on a distinguished road
I want to crew on an offshore cruising boat

I apologize if this is the wrong section as i did not see a crew available section on sailnet. I am looking to crew on an offshore passage sometime between now and the spring to build offshore experience before i head out on my own boat next spring to bermuda and off to europe. I have never sailed in the ocean having grew up and sailed all my life in the great lakes. I have experience coastally cruising, and have sailed since i was 5 or 6. (actually i think i won a few dinghy races as a kid). I have been in some heavy weather in lake ontario and am quite a capable cruiser i even sailed into the dock singlehanded once (that was not fun). i live and sail in toronto, but i would be willing to travel. Im looking to crew on a boat of any size going anywhere really with the exception of the red sea and eastern africa which i do not have any desire to go to. I have my own harness and weather gear">foul weather gear and dont get seasick easily. I would much prefer to be on a cruising boat than a racing boat however. Rebuilding my own boat i have the skills to do many maintenance and repair jobs that would come up during cruising so if your looking for a crew member send me a pm, or reply to this thread. Fair winds.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook