SailNet Community - View Single Post - The iPad thread! who uses an iPad for sailing?
View Single Post
post #48 of Old 09-29-2012
Re: The iPad thread! who uses an iPad for sailing?

Originally Posted by weathertrack View Post
......It would be nice to get a feedback whenever you have a chance.

I've used weathertrack for over a year and like it. When sailing for any length of time or number of days, I always have the multiple day gribs for my area saved.

I like that I can set up a passage area and easily refresh the data when I have a 3G signal on the Ipad.

It would be more useful if it had more granular wind data around the coast. Your product is better for big picture planning, but when I want to know where the wind will be in the Bay or how far offshore I need to get to find 15 knots to make progress, I go to Given that coastal cruisers are the largest population, I would think your app would be much more popular and useful with more granular coastal wind data.

Another for the suggestion box would be to have a drop down box, so I can pick a time slot, rather than have to scroll through them all to get where I'm interested in the series.

Finally, how do I get a grib file over the SSB into your app with only an Ipad? If you made that a one cable, one button operation, you would retire quickly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome