SailNet Community - View Single Post - The iPad thread! who uses an iPad for sailing?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: The iPad thread! who uses an iPad for sailing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weathertrack View Post
......It would be nice to get a feedback whenever you have a chance.

Daniela
I've used weathertrack for over a year and like it. When sailing for any length of time or number of days, I always have the multiple day gribs for my area saved.

I like that I can set up a passage area and easily refresh the data when I have a 3G signal on the Ipad.

It would be more useful if it had more granular wind data around the coast. Your product is better for big picture planning, but when I want to know where the wind will be in the Bay or how far offshore I need to get to find 15 knots to make progress, I go to sailflow.com. Given that coastal cruisers are the largest population, I would think your app would be much more popular and useful with more granular coastal wind data.

Another for the suggestion box would be to have a drop down box, so I can pick a time slot, rather than have to scroll through them all to get where I'm interested in the series.

Finally, how do I get a grib file over the SSB into your app with only an Ipad? If you made that a one cable, one button operation, you would retire quickly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook