SailNet Community - View Single Post - Our Medical Experiences in Mexico
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012

cupper3 is on a distinguished road
Re: Our Medical Experiences in Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by therapy23 View Post
I don't get it.

We have Canadian friends. One works in health care. She has told us the propaganda. Her family is included.

Maybe she is from a different part of Canada.
Are there waiting lists? You bet, especially for lifestyle induced problems like hip replacement and knee replacements. They are by far the result of being overwieght. I have no empathy for those that now need to go through some quality of life issues when they didn't think about it or did anything to reduce the risk.

Have a medical required procedure? You get taken care of, and now.

Have a pre-existing condition? Your insurance will never get cancelled.

The fact remains, Canada pays 1/3 less as a percentage of GDP on healthcare that the USA does, we live longer and our taxes are lower. I'll take our healthcare over the huge issues my friends in the States have any time.

When I hear that friends need to postpone doctor visits because of the expense of co-pays, when I hear that they do not have the choice of who to see because of HMO's, when I hear that they need to stay in a job they hate because of medical insurance that they would lose because of pre-existing conditions and when I hear that their premiums are in the hundreds and hundreds of dollars, I just wonder how, with all the other innovation that the people of America are famous for, how they can be so bamboozled by the health insurance industry.

I just don't get it.

Why are people happy to accept science which makes their life easier while rejecting science that makes their faith or beliefs more difficult?

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook