SailNet Community - View Single Post - Shorter Single Line Reef Line
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006

pigslo is on a distinguished road
You need that block for the additional purchase and possible winch to tighten what is now the new outhaul. Mine goes forward nearly to the mast and yes I must stand at the mast to reef but in one place I am able to attach the new clue at the mast and winch the line (I have a winch on the boom) of the new outhaul and cleat it off. One more thing... those lines that keep being refered to as "reef points" are called cringles and their purpose is to gather up the extra foot only. I am not pointing this out to be a know it all but merely to set the record for the newer sailors that might rip their sail up thinking that their purpose was to reef the sail.

All opinions expressed here by pigslo come straight from the pigs snout and as such are not to be taken seriously, only for entertainment, not to be considered valuable, or otherwise read. Consult your attorney before proceeding. Consult the yellow pages if you do not have an attorney. Ask a friend if you do not have a yellow pages. Buy a boat if you do not have a friend and you will have many then.

Last edited by pigslo; 11-26-2006 at 01:55 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook