Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Dania Beach
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 4
Re: Tartan 30 Bow Lights
Thanks! That's pretty helpful. At this point I'm torn between fixing the existing lights and mounting a LED bow light on the pulpit.
Two reasons to go LED:
1) The new light would be mounted above deck level, providing greater visibility.
2) The wiring run up to the bow is causing a 2-volt drop already. I don't think it could properly power a pair of new incandescent bulbs. The wiring is on my todo list, but LEDs would let me run with it as-is.
Reasons to repair the current lights:
1) No need to glass over the old light holes in the topsides
2) They look so much better than the LED enclosures
3) No hassles running wire through the pulpit.
4) The side lights aren't subject to as much force when the bow plows into the next wave.
So many options!
1975 Tartan 30 Competition Rig